“Making the Okanagan Similkameen the healthiest region in BC”
- Facilitating healthy living policies, plans, programs and services through collaboration.
- Inspiring a healthy living culture by engaging coalition members, residents and communities
- Supporting children, youth and vulnerable populations by advocating for affordable and accessible programs and services
- Fostering a built environment that supports healthy lifestyles.
- Contributing to the sustainable health care by promoting the reduction of lifestyle-related chronic disease
- Building momentum by celebrating success
Values & Guiding Principles
- Inclusion: We strive for universal access to healthy living opportunities in order to support and engage all residents and communities in the Okanagan Similkameen
- Empowerment: We embrace that each journey towards lifelong healthy living is unique and needs to be individually supported to sustain a healthy living culture.
- Collaboration: We achieve our collective goals by communicating respectfully and openly, and by sharing resources.
- Passion: We seek inspired, enthusiastic and committed partnerships that celebrate the joy of health and wellness together and seek partners who share this ideal.
- Accountability: We commit to successful partnerships and collective responsibility to those we serve and to those who support us.